Post-doctoral Research Associate
CANELa has an opening for a post-doctoral research associate position in the area of computational catalysis. The post-doctoral associate will use density functional theory calculations to investigate chemical reactions of hydrocarbon transformations on acid catalysts.
- PhD in chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, materials science, or a related discipline
- Strong background in electronic structure theory and computational chemistry
- Expertise in using a variety of quantum mechanical computational packages, such as Gaussian, CP2K, Turbomole, VASP, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write peer-reviewed journal articles and create and five oral presentations at scientific conferences
- Experience with molecular dynamics simulations is also desirable for this position
The initial appointment will be for one year and can be renewed subject to satisfactory performance. The post-doctoral associate will benefit from collaborations with other computational researchers (part of the Center for Research Computing) and experimental groups.
How to ApplyQualified applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and email addresses of three references as a single PDF document to Prof. Giannis Mpourmpakis: email@example.com
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Pittsburgh has been voted as one the most livable cities in 2019: